Free SEO tools and online resources are essential to creating and maintaining your web presence in 2017 and beyond. If you manage your own website, SEO, hosting and socials, we have 16 Free SEO, Web Design, Social Media and Branding Resources that we have used and recommend for you. These tools are discussed and demonstrated at our workshops, so if you’re in the Murfreesboro, Franklin, or Nashville area be sure to check one out.
Free SEO Tools by Google
- www.google.com/gmail/ – Gmail, if you do not have a gmail account, then you should not have a website, period.
- www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ – Search Console – Tells you what people are searching to find you website, issues with your site, etc. Extremely valuable information if you want to optimize you site. Must have Gmail account
- www.google.com/analytics/ – Google Analytics tells you who, what, where, and how people interact on your website. Must have Gmail account. Even if you aren’t sure, setting this up first thing so that it tracks data will help with any future marketing campaigns you do.
Design and Branding
- fonts.google.com – Google Fonts allows you to browse through tons of fonts that can be used on your website. Clicking ‘View Specimen’ and scroll to the bottom, you can see pairings of fonts that look good together
- pixabay.com – Pixabay is a great resource for free stock imagery, icons, and graphics.
- unsplash.com – Unsplash is great for free, unique and professions photography for just about anything. (personal favorite)
- www.imageoptimizer.net – Free Image Optimizer online. Reduces the filesize of an image. Never upload huge image files to your website. All images should be at least less that 1mb.
- www.canva.com – Free, Easy online version of photoshop that has tons of templates for social media posts, website graphics, business cards, brochures, one-pagers, trifolds, etc. Great stuff!
- color.adobe.com – Great for finding a good color scheme for your site and business
Marketing and Social Media
- www.mailerlite.com – Mailerlite is one of the easiest and robust Email marketing services…Free for your first 1,000 contacts and then cheap after that. Setup email lists, automations, signup forms, subscribe popups. All super easy.
- buffer.com – Buffer allows to post to multiple social networks at once and will post the best times for each. It’s free for 5 connected accounts. (It’s better not to use services like this, but it’s a lot better to be active than to not be active)